CHRISTINA P. BURK
Teachers College, Columbia University
New York, NY
M.A. in Behavior Analysis and Behavioral Disorders, December 1999. Program focus on verbal behavior. Coursework includes BA, ABA, curriculum, assessment, inclusion, gifted and talented/gifted and learning disabled education, linguistics, and reading instruction. GPA 4.0.
Sarah Lawrence College
B.A. in Psychology and Biology, May 1998, with SLC scholarship. Coursework includes cognitive, developmental, and experimental psychology, language acquisition, genetics, anatomy and physiology, creative writing, and extensive research on autism, including a senior thesis. GPA 4.0.
Eastchester High School
Member of National Honor Society. Editor-in-Chief of literary magazine. Recipient of National Council of Teachers of English Excellence Award for Writing. SAT V700 M550.
Applied Behavior Analysis
Various Locations (US, Canada, overseas)
Consulting Behavior Analyst; Lead/Line Therapist
1995 to Present (Consulting Behavior Analyst: 1998 to Present)
- Trained in applied behavior analysis (including teaching verbal behavior and discrete trial teaching) to teach children with disabilities (specialization in autism).
- Design, implement, and monitor individualized curricula, program protocols, behavior management plans, use of interventions, and data collection and graphing.
- Conduct and interpret various behavioral assessments, including the ABLLS (Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills).
- Train parents and staff in use of ABA; monitor staff; conduct team meetings.
- Work as a shadow/facilitator for social skills training.
- Give conferences and workshops on applied behavior analysis and related topics to families, school disticts, organizations, and other groups.
The Fred S. Keller School
Teacher Assistant; Rank: Teacher III
1998 to 1999
- Served as primary teaching assistant for a classroom of six children with profound disabilities.
- Provided both 1:1 and group instruction on a daily basis.
- Conducted behavioral assessments and assisted in designing curricula.
- Collected, graphed, and interpreted data from instructional programming.
- Wrote IEP evaluations and goals for annual review and attended CPSE and CSE meetings.
- Acted as short-term head teacher in inclusive classroom.
Additional Socialization Training
- Founder and Director of playB.A., an inclusion socialization group for children 8-14 years old (formerly 2-13 years old).
- 1:1 shadow at an inclusion day camp. Facilitated socialization and participation in group activities.
Professional Affiliations and Internet Involvement
- Member of the Association for Behavior Analysis.
- Member of the New York State Association for Behavior Analysis.
- Member of the Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies.
- Nominated member of Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education.
- Moderator, AutismABA@yahoogroups.com; Moderator, VerbalBehavior@yahoogroups.com